Soap opera Spinoffs
- Our Private World (CBS): A spinoff of As the World Turns, the primetime show starred Eileen Fulton (Lisa) as she left fictional Oakdale for real-life Chicago. It aired two nights a week (Wednesdays at 9:30pm ET; Fridays at 9pm ET) for only 4 months from May 1965 through September. A few months after the show ended, Fulton returned to ATWT.
- Somerset (NBC): The first spinoff of Another World aired for nearly 7 years from March 1970 through December 1976. For the first two years, Somerset was titled "Another World in Somerset" while AW was briefly titled, "Another World in Bay City."
- Texas (NBC): The second spinoff of Another World aired from August 1980 through December 1982. In its first year, the opening titles gave special billing to actress Beverlee McKinsey (Iris). After she left the series, the show referred to itself as, "Texas: The New Generation." Texas was the first soap opera to debut as an hour-long serial.
- The City (ABC): As a spinoff, or continuation, of Loving, The City featured half the cast of Loving as they uprooted their lives in Corinth, PA and relocated to SoHo in New York City. The City lasted from November 1995 through March of 1997.
- Port Charles (ABC): Taking place in the same town as General Hospital, PC ran from June 1997 through October 2003. It debuted on Sunday, June 1st with a two-hour primetime premiere. Originally, its focus mainly took place in the hospital, more so than its parent show, ironically. As the series progressed and ratings declined, the show began telling stories in a "telenovela" format, with story arcs that would conclude every 13 weeks. Each arc, or book, were given its own name. Starting in December 2000, the books were titled: Fate, Time in A Bottle, Tainted Love, Tempted, Miracles Happen, Secrets, Superstition, Torn, Naked Eyes, Surrender, Desire, and The Gift.
- General Hospital: Night Shift (SOAPnet): The second spinoff of GH was a primetime one-hour drama that aired exclusively on SOAPnet. The first season debuted in July 2007 and ran for 13 episodes. The second season began in July 2008 and ran for 14 episodes. The spinoff featured characters from GH such as Robin, Jason, and Patrick, but the storylines on Night Shift did not intersect with the parent show whatsoever.
*Note: While The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless have shared many characters over the course of the years, B&B is technically not a spinoff of Y&R. B&B began in 1987, but it wasn't until 1992 that characters began to cross over from Y&R's Genoa City to B&B's Los Angeles, and vise versa.